Terms and Conditions
The package Includes
- Ground Transfer: San José - (Pavona / Caño Blanco) - San José
- Boat transfer: (Pavona / Caño Blanco) - Tortuguero - (Pavona / Caño Blanco)
- Lodging, all meals. Beverages are not included.
- 3 days 2 nights package includes three excursions with guide: one tour to the town and two water channels. Entrance not included.
- 2 days 1 night package includes two excursions with guide: one tour to the town and one tour to the water channels. Entrance not included.
- Breakfast on route and lunch on route
- All taxes.
Not included on the package:
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas, bottled water.
- Entrance to the Museum of Turtle USD $1 per pax (Subject to change)
- Entrance to Tortuguero National Park USD $10 per pax (Subject to change)
- Turtle nesting night tour (Jul-Oct) USD $35 per pax (Subject to change).
*This tour must be paid in cash at Manatus Hotel front desk.
- Rates per person in US dollars.
- Includes food and transportation taxes from San José.
- 10kg = 25 Lbs., maximum luggage weight per person.
- Check in at 12:00 MD - Check out: 09:00 am.
- We do not admit groups greater than 6 rooms - only upon request
- No Pets admitted - of any kind
- We reserved the right to charge a fee for the dinners or celebrations of Christmas and New Year, which will not be of obligatory purchase.
- Maximum capacity per room has a 4 people limit.
- Given the characteristics of the hotel, the atmosphere of privacy and tranquility that we want to provide our guests, the hotel has taken the decision to allow only children older than 3 years.
- They will pay full adult rates
Policy for Guides
- Guides in groups of more than 6 rooms will be receiving CPL with room and meals for guides
- Guides in groups from 4 to 5 rooms must pay 25% of our SGL rack rates for the guide package
- Guides in groups from 1 to 3 rooms must pay 50% of our SGL rack rates for the guide package
- Guides in regular room of the hotel must pay regular net rates of the agency.
Policies of Payment for FIT's and Groups
Due to the small size of our Hotel and to its remote location, the prepayment of all reservation is necessary. The reservation of the services will be kept during 21 days after receiving the written request by fax or by electronic mail. A deposit of 25% is required, in order to confirm the reservation, during this 21 days period, or the reservation will be cancelled. The reservations are confirmed once 25% of the total amount is received by our offices, via check, credit card or by means of deposit in our bank account. The payment balance must be received by the hotel, not later than 30 days before the arrival of the guests, in case of FIT's; and 60 days before the check-in of the guests in case of GROUPS. Reservations made within 30 days before (FIT'S) or 60 days earlier (groups) of the check in to the hotel, will have two business days to confirm and pay or cancel without any surcharge.
Bank Accounts for Payments
Bank Account in dollars U.S. $:
Bac de San Jose (BAC) # 90 58 87 964
Under the name of:La Casa del Manatí S.A.
Please send copy of deposit by fax to the number
00(506) - 2239 - 4857 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policies for Groups
For purposes of these policies are understood as a group a booking of 3 or more rooms for the same dates. Groups requiring more than 6 rooms are not admitted.
Cancellations of reserved groups will have the following penalties: The days are counted as days before the check in of the clients.
- Before 60 days - No charges
- 59 to 30 days 10% of the amount of the bookings
- 29 to 15 days 25% of the amount of the bookings
- 14 to 08 days 50% of the amount of the bookings
- Less than 07 days, 100% of the amount of the bookings
- No refunds for "no shows"
No refunds for "no shows"
Cancellations of FIT's or individual passengers will have the following penalties:
The days are counted as days before the check in of the clients
- Before 30 days - without charges
- 29 to 15 days 10% of the amount of the booking
- 14 to 10 days 25% of the amount of the booking
- 09 to 04 days 50% of the amount of the booking
- Less than 03 days, 100% of the amount of the booking
- No refunds for "no shows"
Refund policies for reservations cancellations
Regarding the return money for paid and cancelled reservations, the hotel will only refund if the reservations were made directly at the hotel and if the reason was that the customer wasn’t able to travel.
If the reservation was made through a travel agency that charges a commission, the hotel will cancel the reservation but it won’t refund the money, it will issue a credit for either the customer or the travel agency staff.
The Hotel’s booking and account department will send a memo via email or fax to the travel agency with the amount that will apply in favor of the agency. This credit is valid for a year.
Terms of payment and reimbursement in case of cancellation of booking by the hotel:
In case of natural emergencies, strikes, landslides or situations beyond the control of the Hotel and there is no possibility of providing the service both the transportation and accommodation.
THE HOTEL, reserves the right to return 70% of the reservation, the remaining 30% of it is to cover operating expenses. Returns to the agencies shall be made through letters of credit by the amount corresponding to 70% net of the booking, if it is a direct booking; the hotel covers 70% of the reservation in cash within 24 hours.
If for reasons attributable to the hotel, it will assume the cost of lodging, meals, transportation and derivatives (over a period of time equivalent to the reservation made at the HOTEL), until the Hotel is able to provide the service booked.